ClanT2K Forums  

Go Back   ClanT2K Forums > T2K Forums > T2K Public Discussion Board
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 83 72.17%
No 32 27.83%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 10:26 AM   #1
Escher
working offline

Do you believe in God?

yes or no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meth
I can't promise man lovin, because Eschiepoo owns my heart, but I'll go throw a beer back with ya man.
Escher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
thricky
monican

ha! I voted first.

Well, it depends to what you call God. I assumed you were talking about the "guy upstairs" that "inspired?" the writing of the bible. But, if that's the one your talking about, then the answer is no.

"Does the sun ever shine during a Democratic administration? Now, with Obama in office, when babies laugh - do you hear only the sound of kittens drowning? Hey, Fox, you won the lottery! 'Great, now I have to buy a wallet.'

-Jon Stewart
thricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
Remillard

Send a message via ICQ to Remillard
Supreme being that created all this?
No

Symantec is still around? Thought this whole 'recession' thing was supposed to clear out crappy companies.
Remillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
m00nd0g-=cD
A Big 10-4 Monkey Nuts

Send a message via AIM to m00nd0g-=cD
i am going to take the 5th, coming from a philosophical point of view on the situation there is no way to determine if God exists or not. If you could answer that question then you would be a very rich very wise person.

As it stands this thread seems to only pick up were Joshua's thread never made it to... a heated arguement about the existince of God when no one knows the true answer. Rubbish if you ask me, but that is only if you ask me.

But a great way to start a flame thread on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone angry
because i'm kind of an asshole.
m00nd0g-=cD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:55 AM   #5
Toro
You want summa me?

I attend a Catholic Church and claim it as my religion. I raise my children to be Catholics and believe in most of the teachings and morals that the Church preaches. I consider myself a realist however, and therefore am an agnostic at heart. I believe the world needs structure and religion is part of that structure. I do believe there exists an entity responsible for creating all that I see and know. I also believe that we are much too ignorant to even begin to comprehend our existence or the meaning behind it, so I try not to. I live my life the best I can, I try to help others and I let the chips fall where they may. Death scares me because I do not know what lies beyond it. I always wished I was a religious person that was certain about the after life, the peace of mind that comes with that ignorance is more comforting than they’ll ever know. If you are a devout religious person, consider yourself lucky, death hurts 1000X more for people like me.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:59 AM   #6
Escher
working offline

not trying to flame anyone or start a flame war, just wanted a poll to see the numbers

moondog is correct, only by belief

thanks!
Quote:
I can't promise man lovin, because Eschiepoo owns my heart, but I'll go throw a beer back with ya man.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:00 PM   #7
Escher
working offline

P.S.

God is Love!
Quote:
Old 07-21-2005, 12:58 PM   #8
Mitzkrieg
peekaboo!

Send a message via ICQ to Mitzkrieg

Last edited by Mitzkrieg : 09-29-2005 at 12:59 AM.
Mitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
[T2K]Briareos
hippy troll

Send a message via ICQ to [T2K]Briareos
Heh, I could cross out about half of Toro's sentences and it would match my beliefs. You can have fun guessing which half, if you want.

Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest.
[T2K]Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:24 PM   #10
gen0.
Has a transformer avatari

what I don't get it the enthusiasm of every1 on both sides of the question that are quick to jump out and try to "persuade" the others on the opposite side of it being true or false. (EG I believe in God so you mut be wrong if you don't. Or, God can't exist because <insert reason here>, so you must be wrong since you didn't know that")

In the end, it really doesn't matter if the person you're trying to "persuade" believes or not. either side require an act of "faith" because neither are provable or disprovable, only rationalizable. In other words you either believe or you don't (Notice I didn't say believe in what).
Dardar - "I almost feel old! "
Tha Joka - "I hope I never read the words Wet Pankcake again LOL"
gen0. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:33 PM   #11
Remillard

Send a message via ICQ to Remillard
Actually, it is my experience that, in general, those who don't believe aren't nearly as enthusiastic in their non-belief as those that do believe.

Symantec is still around? Thought this whole 'recession' thing was supposed to clear out crappy companies.
Remillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:40 PM   #12
Bizzatch
I know!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Bizzatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remillard
Actually, it is my experience that, in general, those who don't believe aren't nearly as enthusiastic in their non-belief as those that do believe.

Yeah it's like their trying to psyche themselves into believing. Those types kind of scare me. I mean they're probably good people but not the kind I'd like to hang out with.
tell me your ip and it deletes your hard drive
Bizzatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #13
travis

well, good thing im on the side with ____ people.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:45 PM   #14
Methane

Send a message via Yahoo to Methane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
I attend a Catholic Church and claim it as my religion. I raise my children to be Catholics and believe in most of the teachings and morals that the Church preaches. I consider myself a realist however, and therefore am an agnostic at heart. I believe the world needs structure and religion is part of that structure. I do believe there exists an entity responsible for creating all that I see and know. I also believe that we are much too ignorant to even begin to comprehend our existence or the meaning behind it, so I try not to. I live my life the best I can, I try to help others and I let the chips fall where they may. Death scares me because I do not know what lies beyond it. I always wished I was a religious person that was certain about the after life, the peace of mind that comes with that ignorance is more comforting than they’ll ever know. If you are a devout religious person, consider yourself lucky, death hurts 1000X more for people like me.
I'm such a sucker for these threads Ok, here we go...I have followed a similar path, but I have accepted my relative insignificant role in the universe and come to terms with my mortality so religion has nothing to offer.

Scientific progress of the past century has demonstrated that there is no need for an omnipotent deity to explain where the universe came from and us for that matter.

I agree that some religions do teach important social lessons and generally keep order. However the three monotheistic ones (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) have caused more conflict and suffering than any other factor in recorded history. The idea that my way is the only way creates an atmosphere of intolerance that will keep Christians, Jews and Muslims fighting for centuries to come. At lease their numbers are dropping quickly and atheists are projected to be the majority in about 2030, so there is hope!

Flame on!
Methane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #15
K4H-Holocaust
Your MASTER

Send a message via ICQ to K4H-Holocaust Send a message via AIM to K4H-Holocaust Send a message via Yahoo to K4H-Holocaust
i hate how this has become such a topic that people arent even commenting... we are on the internet where you arent even talking face to face and people wont own up... i also hate how everything always turns to heated flame wars... since when can people not discuss thing and end up just fighting in the end... what im getting at is CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!

btw i do but i dont... im kinda in the middle catholic is what i call myself but i really call myself an al-carte catholic, take what i want leave what i dont... in moments of desperation, and extreme sadness/ joy i can tell there is someone watching over me, guiding me... but in all those other times which typically seem to be the most of... i cant feel anything and generally just feel alone... i just had a dog die... and i can tell you that shes there, i can feel her all around me... dont know what that means.
irc.enterthegame.com #K4H
K4H-Holocaust is offline   Reply With Quote